Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

What do you have to say about that vegans? You killed a baby!?

It was on the news yesterday. A vegan couple with three kids forced them to be vegans and follow a vegan diet. The kids weren't healthy at all and the youngest who was only 18 months old died!

That's how stupid and ignorant vegans are! They don't eat meat or diary and whatnot because of "animal cruelty" but they don't mind killing their own kids! Great logic... great! Smh...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Daisy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
  • 4 weeks ago

I think vegans have a point, animal cruelty and slaughtering is terrible. Though, it's part of life, animals have prey and predators that they compete with. No matter what, there will always animals that are treated horribly, but we can't do anything about that but kill the people who decide to. Obviously, we wouldn't do that, but there's always gonna be people who choose otherwise and have their own opinion. Think about it. If a country has guns completely banned, there's always going to be people who sneak guns in from other lands illegally.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In Italy it is considered child abuse to raise them vegan 

• Natalie4 weeks agoReport

And they're right! You can't force a child to accept and follow the lifestyle you have.

• 4 weeks ago

Meat eaters neglect their children more often. It's just not in the news because it isn't news. Go to your local police department or child services. They'll tell you all about child abuse and neglect. In doing so, would you post "MEAT EATERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR KILLING BABIES"? No, because the meat eating diet doesn't kill babies, child neglect does.

Similarly, the vegan diet didn't kill them, child neglect did.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I'm not vegan but those were very specific individuals who made that happen. The number of non vegan people who have starved their kids are endless.

• 4 weeks ago

If you believe everything you read you will know that there are FAR more carnivorous murderers than vegan ones. 

• mrh-slos
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

there are far more omnivores than vegetarians or vegans and therefore will be more murgdererers who are omnivorous.  

• lo_mcg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The case you refer to is a tragic case of ignorance, neglect and shockingly bad parenting; none of these is confined to vegan parents.

A quick google search will turn up many news stories of young children dying from parental cruelty, ignorance or neglect, many including starvation. There isn’t usually any mention of the children’s diet unless the parents are vegan - though in the quick search I did just now one family’s diet was mentioned because it seemed to have consisted mainly of Pot Noodles.

There are not infrequently news stories about parents who have refused proven medical treatment and instead opted for homeopathy and/or prayer; the result being that their children have died from treatable conditions like asthma. However their stories, while they were reported, didn't make the big splash this story is making, because the parents' diet was not a minority diet. 'Non-vegans kill child’ isn't as newsworthy, it seems.

The O’Learys were not merely feeding their children a ‘vegan’ diet , they were feeding them a very restricted diet of raw fruit and vegetables. Also of huge concern is that the children, or at least the youngest, had never seen a doctor, and were home-schooled - in the UK home-schooling is subject to rigorous inspection. Clearly it isn’t in whichever US state the family lived in.

This is a tragic case of horrendous parental ignorance and neglect, as well as failure by whatever child social services exist there. The parents have rightly been charged with manslaughter.

That’s what I have to say, as a vegan - exactly what I’d say if I wasn’t one. No, I haven’t ‘killed a baby’; don’t be silly.

Here’s a link to the story; it includes NHS advice on feeding babies and children a vegan or vegetarian diet safely-  you may be interested in reading that 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/11/1...

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Thankfully most states here are quite rigorous about home schooling. However some are quite lax on the matter. It can also depend on the local school district as well. It's there that things can also fall apart.

• 4 weeks ago

their kid mightve died from something else

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can't generalize that one psychotic couple represents the entire group.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If it is proved that is why that baby died, those parents should be charged with murder.

• lo_mcg
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Nobody ‘dies of veganism’. The baby died because he was starved - see my answer for NHS advice on feeding young children a healthy vegan/vegetarian diet. 
      The parents are in fact being charged with aggravated negligent manslaughter, among other charges

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.