My landlord of almost five years has done nothing to maintain or keep my and my mother's rental home safe or habitable.  We delivered him?

A letter asking that he please come at least look at his house. He did and complained about our garden taking to much water?? So we stopped rent last month. The picture  will explain the issues.to our benefit.  Now he has gave us a five day notice quit or pay up. It looks fake.  He is very misleading and sketchy.  All of a sudden people are throwing rocks on our roof as big as softball and it looks like he has to the police a fake story. Because all these units have been crawling around and around the block and look at us like criminals which we are not. So I feel unsafe and like we are being set up to get us evicted.  Please help. Opinions or facts. Here's the pictures. 

The pics of all wiring and trash is everywhere up to three ft. He has the w hole house on a split two single 20 amp breakers for each half and no ground wire along with asbestos wiring . I had to put the pics in a collage  . But there are thirty more besides these the ac unit is the second one with blue writing  thx for any help.

If you are not prepared for an eviction you better get your asssses over to the rental agent and pay your rents.  

Did you take all the covers off the connections just to take these photos as they do not look like even 1 year exposed connections.

It is so obvious your are building a case on false pics and paranoid accusations.

You did not pay your rents (is it in an escrow account  or did you spend it) so the LL has every right to evict you after a proper eviction process.  So get out and find something else BEFORE an evict and a collection goes on your credit reports.

First off, you and your mother are the 1s who are responsible for keeping the house clean unless it says different in your lease. I doubt if you have been living there for 5 years with all of those exposed wires. Why did you rent this place if everything was like this then?

Are you an electrician?   Do you know for a fact that the wiring is not to code?  You are responsible to maintain the house/apartment when you are renting it.  When he sees all that garbage, that's cause enough for eviction, and you will be charged for its removal.  Houses settle - ALL houses settle.  Sometimes, floors sink a little.  It looks minor from what I can tell.   My, you are fussy.  You get what you rented.  You don't get to demand that the landlord make improvements to suit you.  Expect to be evicted.  It's coming.  Are you going to risk that it's fake?  I can't tell from here whether it is or not but, if you have not paid the rent according to your lease, expect to be evicted.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
    • Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

I went to a vacation rental one week. During that whole week, our family of 9, Nine! Had a lot of garbage (take out, bottles, etc) The owners of the property never had a collector come and get it during the entire time. It was warm and humid. Get the picture? Landlords must pick up the garbage!

Here is a simple question: Was a lease made, and signed?

It seems to me maybe very little thought to no thought at all was placed in finding somewhere, for you, and your mother to live.

If you, and, or your mother would have signed a lease (contract) with your landlord then there should not be any problems. I think a lot of problems can happen if a lease is not made, and signed. I also think problems can happen if a lease is not properly made.

A landlord doesn't have to maintain a garden for you or any of their tenants. Get ready to have an eviction on your records & you won't be able to find another landlord that will rent to you. You've got major mental problems.

maybe you should talk to a lawyer about it

• royboy
      3 weeks agoReport

That's where we are at basically just wanted the public option thx.

Congratulations you just got yourself evicted by withholding rent!  You can't do that.  The correct procedure is you make a written request for repairs and then if they're not done in a reasonable time you sue your landlord for a breach of the lease.  The quit or pay is for real so you either pay the rent or vacate.  The good news is he hasn't filed eviction yet.

You're renting from him, not the other way around. If you're not happy, then move. If he's violating the local city ordinances then report him to the city health department.

Take him to court for any damages to your personal property. Frankly I don't see why you stay there.

It can't be that bad since you lived there for 5 years....withholding rent is fast way to eviction.

• royboy
      3 weeks agoReport

I just got here to see him taking her rent and covering up the fact this house was and is toxic and he knew it.  I have been here to take care of her barely a year. Having construction exp. I saw the real problems thx for your response 

Laws on withholding rent vary from place to place.  Some places do not legally allow you to withhold rent.  Others may but for only specific things.  Have you looked into your local landlord and tenant laws to see if you are allowed to withhold rent?

I would see a local lawyer that handles rental disagreements.

• Elaine M
      3 weeks agoReport

Most cities have a landlord/tenant hotline. Otherwise going with a call to Legal Aid would work.