Is rock and Roll not as popular as it use to be when I was young?

I'm 70, now.

i dont think its as popular

• Gonzo

it's definitely not as popular as in the 90s

I don’t really feel like people learn how to play instruments anymore. It’s all just electronic, synthesized,

computerized or whatever the hell they’re doing. I think of it as just corporate-produced and insipid. I’m a little younger than you but not much. It just doesn’t seem the same. Give me CSN&Y, Hendrix, Dylan, whatever. Hilarious picture of Angus too. Thanks for that.

• duskmystic3 weeks agoReport

Angus is cute. I think the older music generation, like Dylan, felt obligated to communicate with the youth. now, not so much with today's singers. they aren't obligated, anymore.

No, it not as popular now as it was but there is some still around.

No, but popular radio bought out by the corporations 2 decades ago isn't the same either. Knowing how the music industry screwed over the 60's / 70's artists would you just keep beating that dead booby trapped horse too? Those of us who adapted to finding music beyond obsolete radio haven't missed beat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfFxMHsKHIA

Youtube thumbnail

• duskmystic3 weeks agoReport

what do corporations know about music, anyway? they are too busy thinking with money. I love money too but not to the extent that I incorporate it into my tastes.

If anything, classic rock is more popular now than in the 1960s. Groups like the Rolling Stones still sell out football stadiums, even though current ticket prices are much higher than they were back then. Back then a platinum record (one that sells a million copies or more) was a big deal. Nowadays, it is nothing special. Not a lot of rockers could sellout a football stadium back then.

i think its still pretty popular

• martin

Rock and Roll definitely isn't much in the younger generation's music choices, despite the fact that many younger people love Rock and Roll more than the typical music of their own generation. Times were different back then.

• Kathy

It has been replaced by rap and heavy metal.

It's split into different types. Which type do you like best?