How to prove the contrary?

" I destroy myself. "

You can't, because self-destruction is inevitable.

You can, however, prove that self-creation is linked to and synonymous with self-destruction (The new you is birthed from the old), as any change is an act of self-destruction as well as self-creation, and that change is inevitable throughout our lives.

So, rather than prove you do not destroy yourself, it is far better to prove that self destruction is part of the necessary cycle of change that allows us to self-create and thereby to become better than we are.  Thus, that it can be a positive as well as a negative thing.

Any analysis/conclusion will demand that 

the contrary be present as a sequitur to the original point. 

It is already there.

Are you still alive? Then you haven't completely destroyed yourself (yet). Contrary thought proved. Case closed. 

Source(s): COMMON SENSE. Get some.
  • j153e

If you deconstruct yourself, who is making the statement?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

Your question is similar to Descartes' (non-statement) "I think not, therefore I am not;" if you are able to think you are (even) deconstructing yourself, then you are like Socrates after the trial and, as he (per Plato) describes his passing on--Socrates' last cogent awareness finds him invoking the name of the god Asclepius, who is both healer of body and soul, and patron god of prophecy (Socrates' daimon sometimes demonstrated this latter role).

• I can't.  You do.

• ioerr

assume that whatever you're trying to prove is false.  what valid implications can be deduced from that assumption.  if any of those implications can be shown to lead to a contradiction, then the original assumption (that whatever you're trying to prove is false) ... is false.