Hello. I conducted a survey based on my classmates getting either above or below the class average and their study habits.?

I've collected the data, but I'm not entirely sure how to interpret it. I've used multiple regression in Excel, but I'm not confident in how to analyze the results. My Y was either above, which I placed a 1, or below, in which I marked as a 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry but your whole experiment sounds flawed. For one, what are your multiple variables for the "multiple" regression? You must have at least two independent variables and the one dependent one for multi-variate analysis.

If you're trying to find how many studs fell above and how many below the average score you need only to calculate the average and then count the number who were above it and the number who were below it. Certainly no regression is required (unless you use simple regression to get the average, which can be done but why).

The second major flaw is in assigning ordinal numbers (1 and 2) to your raw data. Ordinal numbers have no intervals, they are discrete. So using ordinal numbers as raw data for regression is meaningless.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do. If I have, sorry about that. But if I haven't you need to do something other than that regression you describe.