Is it plagiarism if I have cited the text but chunks of it are similar?

I've added citations and it's definitions and laws of a theory, as well as an example I've found. I've cited it but worried as it's chunks of it. Does it still count as plagiarism?

Yes, if you aren't using exact quotes. There are three ways that you can use information from a source.

Direct quote- use the exact words, in quotation marks, and cite the source.

Paraphrase- change the wording except for key words, and cite the source. For example, if you're writing about child abuse, you can use those two words from the original text.

Summary- long sections of the text can be summarized in your own words- then cite your source. 

It sounds like you haven't paraphrased enough. The way the text is written also belongs to the original writer, and you can't steal their words. Think of it this way. If you write and record a song, and the chorus has the same notes and rhythm as the chorus of a previously recorded song, you'll be sued because you stole the chorus rather than creating your own. 

• GTB

Citing a text and referencing it is not plagiarism.

• Robert

I don't believe so as you have credited the author. Whether you can reprint a lot of copyrighted information might be a consideration if your "chunks" are extremely large, but certainly it's ok to use a quote or an example from someone else if you identify them as the author.