How long does it take for nerve damage to heal?

I had surgery for chiari malformation and then a second surgery 20 days later due to some complications so now my nerves are completely ******. The whole left side of my head is numb, my whole left arm is numb and extremely weak.. I'm going to physical therapy but what if it doesn't help? I just want to be able to feel again. My doctor told me that I may never get feeling back, if that's the case then I'm going to kill myself because I'm only 19 and I'm having nerve problems so **** this. How long should i wait for my nerves to get healed before trying anything? Dont tell me anything like "oh don't kill yourself"

It's my life and I'll do what I want with it

Doctors have knowledge but they don’t know everything. It can take years for nerve damage to heal, but in some cases a few months. I currently have nerve damage and it has improved a tiny bit in recent months. Because of the improvement I think I’ll be fine eventually. Just do all you can to get better and don’t give up. If you give up, it’s an automatic fail.