anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 4 weeks ago

My parents want to let my mouse die, what should I do?

my mouse has a huge tumor on its side and my parents won't let me take her to the vet. they have never liked the mouse from the start and don't want to waste money on an animal that won't last long anyway. what should I do?

Set up a Go-Fund-Me account and the user called "Nathan" will make sure you get all the money you need to have it fixed up. "Nathan" it's up to you to save this animal's life."

Sadly, not a lot even a vet can do. A friend had a rat with a large tumor, the vet said surgery would likely be fatal, but the rat was not in pain or suffering, so just accommodate the handicap. Poor thing could hardly walk so food, water, and chew toys kept in easy reach. see that stress was minimum, and the rat lived nearly a full life. Mice rarely live over 3 years, many in the wild 1 1/2 to 2 years at most.

Just try the above, give your pet all the love and attention it wants, you may find it has crossed the rainbow bridge quietly in its sleep, sad, I know, but a fact of life.

A quick look see by a vet could tell if your mouse is suffering, that would be a call for humane euthanizing. Wouldn't be very expensive.

Nothing

You are a child and can't own a pet and since its a small pest and they never wanted one but you refused to stop whining for one and they don't want to waste 100+ on a mouse, you either let it die or suck it up and come up with the money yourself to treat it but it will die any way so it is a waste 

• Nathan

Remind them that it is ILLEGAL to leave an animal to suffer, no matter how small, and that you could report this to an animal shelter where your mouse would be taken and they would be charged with neglect

• Nathan
      3 weeks agoReport

Mouse traps? You can not humanely kill a mouse with a trap, it is all cruel and (seeing as he is your pet and legally requires veterinary attention if he's ill) would be considered both animal neglect and animal abuse

• mokrie

Go to the vets office. Speak with the vet and offer to clean cages and feed animals to work off the surgery for your mouse.

Go to the Auto Parts Store.

Buy a can of Starting Ether.

Soak a Rag with it

Put the mouse and the soaked rag in a jar.

Work from there.