My stepchildren are supposed to be registered at school as Christian, but my husband's ex registered them as Jewish, how can we fix this?

We have 50/50 custody

It's getting to be a problem, because the children go to Hebrew classes after school to study for their bar and bat mitzvahs, and we don't want to pay for these extra courses, because when they are here on our time, they are Christians not Jewish.

• reme_1

If the mother is Jewish the children will normally be raised as Jewish. This is going to be an uncomfortable fight.

Most forms have a space where it says none or maybe something of privacy you can select to check. I don't think you have to select any certain qualification if you don't want to. That would solve the problem unless your ex insist otherwise. In that case, make him pay for the extra classes.

Probably not. Jewish ethnicity is determined by the mother, not the father. This is a generally accepted definition.

No need to fix it. Raise the children in both faiths and let them choose when they are 18. The religion where they have their spiritual experiences will, I hope, win.

Have children of your own and Jew it down . Jesus hates Jews right ?

• And Isiah wasn't writing about Jesus he was telling of the Jewish Messiah . But that wa aslo only a Hebrew myth .

• Yes

If their mum is Jewish that means that they are Jewish too. It sounds like his ex wife is Jewish in the way you worded this question. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, according to Jewish law if the mum is a Jew then so are the kids. Obviously, they can leave Judaism, but from what I HEARD once you're a Jew you're always a Jew. I am NOT an expert at the Jewish faith, I'm just telling you what I know so please do refrain from ripping me a new asssshole for getting any of this wrong....

• Mack

Yep, it is important which parent gets to indoctrinate the child....

• Brian

Ever thought about contacting the school?

• .
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes we contacted the school and they said that they don't want to switch the children's file back and forth each time their mother contacts the school. They just told us to go to an attorney about it.

You better fix this ASAP. God on Judgment Day will be using documents like that to determine whether your kids are Christian or not Christian 

I don’t know of a single public school that even asks what religion a child is during enrollment.