Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do any other Christians feel as if the world hates them?

I was never raised to be religious. The only strong believer of Jesus in my family was my grandmother, as far as her kids go, they never really thought into it. When I was about 6, my grandmother gave me a pretty powerful speech that came straight from her heart about the bible, god, and Jesus, and I basically lived by her words my whole life, regardless of how I was raised. I do not know why I took what she said so seriously, but I did. Anyway, I have noticed that as I went through life trying to please god the best I could, I would get nothing but disrespected, insulted, made fun of, mocked, or antagonized, not only by the general public, but by my family as well. 

I would show love and kindness to all, regardless of who it was, never believed in sex before marriage, told people what they should and should not do according to the word of god, but as respectfully and sensitively as possible, and what I basically got in return for being the way I was, were a bunch of annoyed individuals who could not stand me even the slightest. 

My family would call me gay, people in school would call me gay, rumors and lies would spread. I am 30 and it still continues to be the same way. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer at 25 (treatment was successful, thankfully) and instead of people feeling sorry (which they technically were) they had much rather be more critical towards my beliefs, as to why I would continue to have so much faith. 

Do any other Christians feel as if the world hates you? Jesus says in the bible "Just remember that the world hated me, before it hated you."

Rufus T Firefly- God says to judge a righteous judgement. 

• Dv8s
    Favorite Answer

The Bible talks about how the world turns on God's people. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10 It's funny how the Bible's prophesies (A book written so long ago), are coming true, now.

IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN AND ACTUALLY OBEY AND TELL EVERYONE ELSE TO OBEY ALL OF JESUS' SAYINGS THEN THE WORLD DEFINENTLY HATES YOU .

• David

Thank God for believing grandmas.

• misty

All the crazy ones do.

If you are seen by the godless as 'bearing' the name of Jesus Christ, then (as Jesus stated) you will be persecuted for His name's sake, but to rejoice, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to you (Matthew 5:10). Now, do you promote Jesus Christ by how you live and what you say? I cannot answer that on the basis of your short comments but perhaps this is a key point. You said you "told people what they should and should not do according to the word of god, but as respectfully and sensitively as possible".

This brought great hostility. Well, it would, wouldn't it? But was that persecution for bearing Christ's name? Were you promoting Christ and the Kingdom to those outside of Christ and the Kingdom? We cannot judge people for it is only the prerogative of deity that enables reading hearts and minds. If those people asked you for your view on their actions, fair enough. But were you appearing to be self-righteous to them?

Jesus told His followers to spread the good news, the gospel about Him, and to "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness" (Mt 6:33). I respectfully suggest that it is not until Christians promote Christ, by word and deed, that the kind of persecution He told us to expect would come. I have no idea if you are, truly, getting that kind of opposition, but I have taken your question seriously and responded in the most helpful way I can. God bless you.

• brmxld

From time to time I have felt that way, but you dust yourself off and keep trying the best you can to endure it.

Sometimes it can be difficult to reach that place of forgiveness because you don't always know what someone else's circumstance is, but try to have compassion anyways.

• Paul

Jesus told us "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you". John 15:18

First we set a good example in love. Then we answer questions. We don't go around telling people they're evil or wrong. That's not the way to go about it.

"told people what they should and should not do"

Looks like you buried the part you played in your own problems. You're the cause, not the religion.  

• k w

well, many may feel persecution kinda like Christ did, but just notice it, no point reacting, just know you got something in common with Him......

Jesus is God.  And some people do speak against the truth, but they are blind

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death