I left a smoking device on my hotel room in Vegas, what will happen?

I stayed at a smoking room hotel room at Bally’s in Vegas and I left my dab pen in the room after check out. I know the rules are pretty strict at a casino, what will happen?? I’m really stressed about getting a $5,000 fine. 

If it was a smoking room, then nothing happens.

If it was a non-smoking room, still nothing unless they can prove you actually smoked in there.

You are allowed to HAVE vapes and cigarettes in a non-smoking room, as long as you don't actually smoke in there.

strict about a stupid dab pen in a smoking room? no... they'll probably just steal it since you left it.

Well, if you were in fact in a room that was non-smoking, the housekeeper has the following options:

1. Turn it in and notify the front desk which in turn they could charge the card you had on file for an amount up to the fine they disclaimed. 

2. Turn it into lost and found, but they usually do have to put the room number down where it was found so you could get discovered there

3.  Throw it away

4.  Keep it

So, of course, if you call the hotel and ask if they found it, you're of course self incriminating yourself.  

Perhaps this will be a lesson learned

Do you mean that you were in a NON-smoking room, and there's a $5000 penalty for smoking in the room. My guess is that it would depend more on what housekeeping could smell in your room and what has to be cleaned up. The point of having non-smoking rooms is to be able to rent to people who are allergic to cigarette smoke- like I am. If you were not smoking tobacco, they might be less concerned. Housekeeping is likely to just throw it away. 

Not sure what you mean by the rules are pretty strict at a casino - the only rule that is strict is no cheating while gambling...everything else is more of a guideline. Las Vegas didn't become the place it is because of all the strict rules.

• savannah4 weeks agoReport

I was referring to the weed laws in the casino, I’m from Utah and it was my first time smoking so I’m very paranoid.

• drip

The housekeeping  staff will throw it out or keep it.  I doubt they would bother report it. You didn’t leave drug in the room did you

Unless you engraved it with “THIS IS MY VAPORIZER FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS” they’re just going to assume it’s to vape tobacco or grape juice. 

• Gary

You’ll be fined and subject to arrest possibly.

• savannah4 weeks agoReport

So you’ll think I’ll be fine? I can only image this happens so much.