Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 weeks ago

Did you feel uncomforable watching Prince Andrew lying his heart out in his BBC set up interview?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The staged T.V confessions are designed to admit to their lapses in judgement of another's character BUT, never to admissions of their own wrongdoing.

• The thing with senior royals from the blood line is that they cannot be sacked. So it would be incongruous for them to be prosecuted and jailed - because they would still be royal princes or princesses in jail. Therefore, if they do something heinous, there are limited options available. They can stay silent and hope it all blows over (e.g. tampon tapes); they can deny the wrongdoing (e.g. Princess Diana having a child by James Hewitt); they can plead too a lesser offence (e.g. staying with a convicted sex offender but not being part of a sex ring); they can say they are very, very sorry (e.g. for dressing as a Nazi). Or, I suppose, they could try to suppress the story - e.g. by getting D-notices, but they don't work overseas. 

So did I feel uncomfortable - yes - but only because I was seeing an inevitable consequence playing out of having a hereditary royal family.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Pathetic jibe, from an ignoramus.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Seeing as he has never been questioned or charged with anything how do you work out that he was lying his heart out. And it was a set up interview.

• You cannot be serious. There is lots of evidence but it is being suppressed, anybody who watched it could see he was lying.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.