James asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 months ago

Best actor at playing Batman?

Bob Kane stated that he thought val Kilmer was the best actor at playing Batman.

If he had lived too see Christian bale as Batman do you think he would have thought that bale was better than val Kilmer?

Kevin Conroy is the best Batman ever, period. Now the best actor to play Batman in live action is Michael Keaton. Christian Bale was good too.

IMO, Christian Bale didn’t really embody the spirit of Batman. Michael Keaton was the best.

I prefer serious to campy, so I definitely preferred Kilmer over Clooney. I liked Michael Keaton too though. Because I see Kevin Conroy's animated Batman as the best portrayal of the character, I think there is still room for some actor some day, to portray the character the way he really should be portrayed. I felt like Ben Affleck missed that mark. He was serious, but that was it... there was no more depth to his character... he wasn't a detective...etc... 

Given all the actors who have played that role I can't tell you which one Bob Kane would have preferred the most, let alone Batman's other creator Bill Finger - because I don't know the minds of these men. It should be noted that the inspiration for the Batman character was taken from other characters that were already in existence. The rich guy who had a secret identity as a vigilante was nothing new, and was quite a popular trope. I think it started with the Scarlet Pimpernel. 

i suppose if you are willing to go along with Kane (i'm not) it just shows how unimportant the actor in the suit is compared to the director (which is absolutely true)

• Kathy

Adam West from the 1960's