Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 weeks ago

Is that good gas mileage ?

Is 100 miles good mileage for half a gas tank

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

It is not as good. I think you should change the air filter regularly. 

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

NOT REALLY PAL, Half a tank should get you about 180 to 200 miles on half a tank>

• 2 weeks ago

you didn't give us enough info to make a determination

• 3 weeks ago

Yes it is .............

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There are more variables needed to be known to evaluate this.

- What is the capacity of the fuel tank?

- Size of the engine?

- Road conditions?

- Type of vehicle?

Generally, no. That is not good fuel mileage at all. Vehicles today usually have a 20 gallon fuel tank so that means you're only getting 10 miles per gallon if it goes 100 miles on 10 gallons of fuel.

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

Might even bee motorcycle w/3,5 gallon (I doubt it.)

• 3 weeks ago

Terrible gas mileage. Most fuel tank capacities are 12, 15, or 20 gallons in 1 tank. 

Thats between 10 to 15 miles to the gallon. Thats awful. 

Source(s): nothing
    • Anon3 weeks agoReport

Depends ON vehicle and how driven, .If a 50cc, Awful. If a monster truck in competition, , , about right   My Plymouth maybe got 16 on freeway, but it had very low ratio  rear end. 

• 3 weeks ago

If you are going to ask a question, at least provide enough information to get an answer. What size is your gas tank (how many gallons does it hold when full)?  Are you driving a motorcycle, a Mac truck, a 1974 Oldsmobile V8, or a little 4-cylinder Toyota Yaris?

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only if the car has no other means of propulsion.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Most gas tanks have more than 10 gallons. Going 100 miles means you are getting less than 20 miles per gallon. That isn't good mileage. 

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

I met a guy, kept his huge  '66 Olds because it never broke. No big mech bills. He didn't drive it much, so he actually saved a lot over a newer, smaller car that is harder  work on. 

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on the size of the gas tank,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.