Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why are some rich people not known to the public at all like celebrities nor use social media for for mass followers?

why should they? they have no need to. 

• Lili

Because they are NOT celebrities. They are not actors or other entertainers. They are often businesspeople who work in non-glamorous industries, or else their money is very old, and old-money people keep a low profile. They think not doing so is tacky. It's also a way to protect themselves from possibly threatening and dangerous scrutiny of their wealth, property, and families.

I went to school -- boarding school and college -- with some VERY rich people. Their families made their money long ago, and while they are not snobs, they are very private people. Social media don't interest them because social media are infested with people who are very invested in calling attention to themselves. Everything is "Look at me, me, me!"

This is simply not how the old rich operate.  They don't need to, because they are not insecure about their social positions. Their children and grandchildren may use social media, but they do so in a limited, judicious manner, because that's what they learned from their families while growing up.

We could all learn a few -- perhaps more than a few -- lessons from them. My old friendships with such people are one reason I don't bother with social media, and I think I am better off for it.

They have better ways to spend their time.

• Joe

Rich and successful people don't waste time on yahoo.  That's why they're rich and successful. 

• Lili
      4 weeks agoReport

Yahoo isn't social media. It's just a Q&A site. Not the same thing as Facebook or Instagram.

Just read the Sunday Times to find the richest people in the world.  You will not find anyone from Verizon on that list.  Forbes's richest Americas include the top three Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett.  All three in the news daily.  If I had their money I wouldn't waste my time with people like you.

They are not addicted to having their egos fed on social media. You rarely hear anything about Verizon's CEO. It's Verizon's CFO that gets mentioned more often.

What makes you think rich people should do any of that?

Stupid question.

• David

Whether rich, poor, or in between, that's their choice, and none of your business.  Besides, your complaint is ironic, considering that you're "anonymous."

• .

Because that's how they want it.

Move your question to Society & Culture-Other Society & Culture as it's currently in Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory. You can move your question by clicking Edit>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

Not everyone is an attention hound.  I once worked for a bank - the President died and local newspaper said he was worth 6 to 8 billion . . . . never heard of him!

Some need the devotion of a dog . . . . some like the quiet of a cat.