Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

If atheism is asserted without evidence, can it be dismissed without evidence?

58 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Yes. This is a quote from atheist Christopher Hitchens. I guess having asserted atheism all his life without evidence he realised everything he had preached and written could be dismissed and said this in disillusionment.

Source(s): Christopher Hitchens
  • 9 months ago

yes it definitely is dismissed 

• 9 months ago

No. Reality and truth are about what is actually real -- not about how well or poorly an opinion is explained.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Theism and atheism are not religions or any assertive position about any of the thousand deities made by theists... just  believes or unbelief in the existence of a god or gods.

So if you can also ask....  If theism is asserted without evidence, can it be dismissed without evidence? Will you need to hide under anonymous for that?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

The "a" in front of "theism" indicates it's "not" an assertion. It's the dismissal of an assertion from theists.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I suppose so, if it asserted anything. 

• 9 months ago

Poor, ignorant little troll.  Atheism asserts nothing.  It is a rejection of the god claim.  ALL god claims.  There...... you have been corrected.  Be gone.

• 9 months ago

I assert that I don't believe in God.  That makes me an atheist.  You want more evidence that I'm an atheist?  Sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Atheists aren't the ones making claim of a deity. The ones making the claim are the ones required to provide evidence for their claim.

• 9 months ago

That's atheist "logic" for you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.