Asep asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

What if I get an STD ?

What do I do?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Get to a doctor. No sense complicating things by letting it stay.

• 4 weeks ago

You want to see a Dr. so he or she can properly diagnose the type of STD and therefore provide proper treatment. Do not try to treat yourself at home, this can cause severe complications.

• 4 weeks ago

see a dr...........................

• 4 weeks ago

You can treat most STDs with medication. Get tested and get treated. I think that's actually a campaign slogan for sexual health.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Get tested to see if you have one first. You can go to sexual health clinics to get tested, or your GP. Generally, it's done by a test from a sample of urine, or a swab taken from the vagina.

If you do have one, you may need a course of medication - like some

antibiotics - to treat it. Also, if you're sexually active, avoid it for now until the infection cleans up, as it could otherwise make it worse or stop it from getting cleared up

Hope this helps.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

See a gynecologist or go to a clinic like planned parenthood and they will examine and treat you.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The first thing you do is get tested to see if you actually have one and what it is.  If you test positive, you get treated.   Most STDs can be cured.

• A C
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Get treatment from a doctor as soon as possible.  And then wait for marriage before having anymore sex. 

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • Many STDs can be solved with over the counter remedies, talk to A pharmacist at a drugstore

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

No kind of  STD can be cured with OTC remedies. An STD requires prescription medication from a physician. If an OTC medication "solves" it, then it wasn't an STD to begin with. 

• 4 weeks ago

GO TO A DR FOR SOME HELP..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.