Anonymous

Can I add up my slav and Baltics Slav together on ancestry?

On my ancestry I have 25% Eastern Europe & Russia: Stating Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania but most specifically Eastern Slovakia Southern Poland. Then I have 5% Baltics. 

On ancestry Baltics kinda overlaps Eastern Europe & Russia and Eastern Europe & Russia kinda overlaps Baltics. When I press on the region of Baltics it goes into Eastern Europe more and when I press on the region of Eastern Europe it overlaps more as well their basically touching each other. Now my question is can I add up my 25% Eastern Europe and 5% Baltics and add it up to 30 percent? I also have 2% German but that doesn’t really overlap into Poland. 

Here’s a pic to better understand 

https://peopleseyes.tumblr.com/post/189076634516

• Zirp

For what purpose? Also, those tests don't determine your actual ancestry. Passing on chromosomes is a lottery. You get 23 chromosomes from either parent, but not 11.5 from a grandparent. You could easily share more chromosomes with one cousin than with another - even if they are full siblings to eachother

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Chemistry is not the way to trace your ancestors and find the trees they hugged once a long time ago ;)

Baltics are not Slav.

• You're predominantly Slavic with hints of Baltid... Definitely East Baltid.

Source(s): Anthropology
  • reme_1

You are worrying about this way too much.

Add it up to 30 percent? 30 percent WHAT? How would you refer to it? 30% Eastern European? Something else?