Anonymous

Can I add up my slav and Baltics Slav together on ancestry?

On my ancestry I have 25% Eastern Europe & Russia: Stating Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania but most specifically Eastern Slovakia Southern Poland. Then I have 5% Baltics. 

On ancestry Baltics kinda overlaps Eastern Europe & Russia and Eastern Europe & Russia kinda overlaps Baltics. When I press on the region of Baltics it goes into Eastern Europe more and when I press on the region of Eastern Europe it overlaps more as well their basically touching each other. Now my question is can I add up my 25% Eastern Europe and 5% Baltics and add it up to 30 percent? I also have 2% German but that doesn’t really overlap into Poland. 

Here’s a pic to better understand 

https://peopleseyes.tumblr.com/post/189076634516

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For what purpose? Also, those tests don't determine your actual ancestry. Passing on chromosomes is a lottery. You get 23 chromosomes from either parent, but not 11.5 from a grandparent. You could easily share more chromosomes with one cousin than with another - even if they are full siblings to eachother

• 4 weeks ago

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Chemistry is not the way to trace your ancestors and find the trees they hugged once a long time ago ;)

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Baltics are not Slav.

• You're predominantly Slavic with hints of Baltid... Definitely East Baltid.

Source(s): Anthropology
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You are worrying about this way too much.

• 4 weeks ago

Add it up to 30 percent? 30 percent WHAT? How would you refer to it? 30% Eastern European? Something else?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.