Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Im on a diet and for some reason i have been feeling weak and tired?

I have been exercising almost everyday and i went from 275 pounds to 236 pounds know. But lately, i have been noticing im very tired and sleepy im not sure why. I still eat around 1500 calories a day. What could be going on?

• keerok

Lowered electrolytes? Increase salt intake.

(my answer assumes you're still a little overweight. 230 is definitely in that range even for very tall guys... according to weight/hight charts)

So I actually have some decent experience with this. It's normal. Your body is trying to tell you you need to eat more. Now, normally you wouldn't want to be eating only 1500 calories a day with exercise... but since you're losing weight, it's totally fine. I believe there is a transition period where your body needs to figure out that it needs to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. I believe this state is called Ketosis. That's a good Google word for you later if you want more info. ...yeah it's not fun but to my knowledge, this is totally normal. I recommend you keep it up until you're done losing weight. Take that with a grain of salt though because I'm not a professional nutritionist or anything.

You have done great but maybe its time to learn what healthy nutrition is. Since I know nothing about where you stand on that subject all I can say is that 1500 calories is why you are feeling as you do. You lost 49 pounds of stored energy in the form of fat. Obviously that is gone now and you are actually starving your body. That is why you are feeling tired and weak, I fairly certain.