Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Do you think that the drinking age should be 18 or 21?

187 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I think it should be 21. It’s 18 in Australia 

• 3 weeks ago

in the U.S.A? 18 if you are in the military. If one can fight and die for his/ her country, then drinking should be legal as well

• Ann
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

That's a state matter. It should be 21.

• 3 weeks ago

I don’t think 21 makes you more mature than at 18. I think it’s another one of America’s stupid system such as their measurement system that makes no sense. Everybody at my age (16) are already drinking so an age limit really doesn’t make a difference. The law would make more sense if at a bar they limit the amount of drinks you have instead of putting an age on it.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

They DO limit. Ever Been in one? "Obviously   intoxicated  will not be served"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It depends what the driving age is. If you’re gonna have a bunch of young people driving, there’s bound to be one or two idiots who think they can drink drive without causing an accident or someone’s death 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Wait I want to go to the grave yard where my 3 family members are buried and ask them if the 18 year old fool who killed them should have been drinking?  That's what happens when you "leave it up to the parents".

• sealamb3 weeks agoReport

and that's WITHOUT taking alcohol into consideration. it may not be "fair"... but less people DIE when the drinking age is 21.  (anonymous, so sorry you lost your family members so tragically. what chad-won doesn't get is that these wounds never heal, no matter how long ago it's been)

• 3 weeks ago

18 is fine. 21 is a little restrictive. Not all teens are idiots and can drink responsibly. Even if a 18 year old get drunk, it's onto them to learn from it and not depend on others for "guidance".

• Chae-won
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Not all 45 year olds with all their DWIs.

• 3 weeks ago

I think the drinking age should actually be up to the parents until the child is 18. That means the parents can allow their kids to drink whenever they want under their consent.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't think there should be a drinking age. What matters is how people in a society approach alcohol, not the laws associated with alcohol. 

• Sara3 weeks agoReport

True, people are gonna get the around the law if they really want to

• 3 weeks ago

i think they should ban drinking altogether

• Bill3 weeks agoReport

Pearl is not serious about anything he says, he's just here for points.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.