Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Do you think that the drinking age should be 18 or 21?

I think it should be 21. It’s 18 in Australia 

in the U.S.A? 18 if you are in the military. If one can fight and die for his/ her country, then drinking should be legal as well

• Ann

That's a state matter. It should be 21.

I don’t think 21 makes you more mature than at 18. I think it’s another one of America’s stupid system such as their measurement system that makes no sense. Everybody at my age (16) are already drinking so an age limit really doesn’t make a difference. The law would make more sense if at a bar they limit the amount of drinks you have instead of putting an age on it.

It depends what the driving age is. If you’re gonna have a bunch of young people driving, there’s bound to be one or two idiots who think they can drink drive without causing an accident or someone’s death 

Wait I want to go to the grave yard where my 3 family members are buried and ask them if the 18 year old fool who killed them should have been drinking?  That's what happens when you "leave it up to the parents".

18 is fine. 21 is a little restrictive. Not all teens are idiots and can drink responsibly. Even if a 18 year old get drunk, it's onto them to learn from it and not depend on others for "guidance".

• Ramiro

I think the drinking age should actually be up to the parents until the child is 18. That means the parents can allow their kids to drink whenever they want under their consent.

• Bill

I don't think there should be a drinking age. What matters is how people in a society approach alcohol, not the laws associated with alcohol. 

i think they should ban drinking altogether