anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 3 weeks ago

large lump on my mouse's side?

today I noticed a very large lump on my mouse's right side and I'm not sure what's wrong. I have no idea how long its been there since shes very shy and has been hiding when I entered the room since we first got her. I haven't seen any behavior changes but I also never really interact with her. she is about a year old if that matters.is it a tumor? is she pregnant? (she lives with another mouse who we believe to be female but we may be wrong)

I would ask my parents to take her to the vet but they hate the mice so I doubt they would

• 6 hours ago

It could be a tumor mice often get them. there is nothing you really can do for it but take it to the vet or surrender it to a shelter. vet bills for a mouse could be anywhere between $100 and $200 but it shouldn't be anymore than that 

• Nathan

Nobody here can help you - you haven't even provided images for us to let you know what the potential illness could be. It is ILLEGAL to leave a mouse when they need to be seen by a vet, as it is for all animals, and they could be charged with animal neglect of they are the owners (if they signed the paper work when getting the mice, they're the legal owners). 

I suggest watching Emiology or ErinsAnimals for some mouse care help

It sounds like a tumor.

How the Hell can we know? This mouse needs a VET. If your parents are too cheap to take it to one then surrender it to a no-kill shelter so it can be euthanized.

Not so smart to go on the internet telling the world your parents are committing FELONY ANIMAL NEGLECT.

just take her to the vet yourself if your parents dont want to

Just get a new one, they have em at walmart in the electronics section next to the laptops