anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 3 weeks ago

large lump on my mouse's side?

today I noticed a very large lump on my mouse's right side and I'm not sure what's wrong. I have no idea how long its been there since shes very shy and has been hiding when I entered the room since we first got her. I haven't seen any behavior changes but I also never really interact with her. she is about a year old if that matters.is it a tumor? is she pregnant? (she lives with another mouse who we believe to be female but we may be wrong)

I would ask my parents to take her to the vet but they hate the mice so I doubt they would

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 hours ago

It could be a tumor mice often get them. there is nothing you really can do for it but take it to the vet or surrender it to a shelter. vet bills for a mouse could be anywhere between $100 and $200 but it shouldn't be anymore than that 

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Nobody here can help you - you haven't even provided images for us to let you know what the potential illness could be. It is ILLEGAL to leave a mouse when they need to be seen by a vet, as it is for all animals, and they could be charged with animal neglect of they are the owners (if they signed the paper work when getting the mice, they're the legal owners). 

I suggest watching Emiology or ErinsAnimals for some mouse care help

• 3 weeks ago

It sounds like a tumor.

• 3 weeks ago

How the Hell can we know? This mouse needs a VET. If your parents are too cheap to take it to one then surrender it to a no-kill shelter so it can be euthanized.

Not so smart to go on the internet telling the world your parents are committing FELONY ANIMAL NEGLECT.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

just take her to the vet yourself if your parents dont want to

• 3 weeks ago

Just get a new one, they have em at walmart in the electronics section next to the laptops

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.