Are UFOs real?

Yes, UFOs exist. The real question is, what are they? Most governments admit that UFOs are real and we do not know what/who they are and where they are from.

Sure, if you see a flying object that you cannot identify, then you have an "unidentified flying object"

• Prince

Obviously, when you look up at the sky and see clouds, you know that they are cloaking devices for UFOs. 

• CD

There have been objects that have been seen, and they can't all be fakes. There is something out there,

• j153e

Not too much atom-based proof of spacecraft, but "UFO" simply means some flying object that is unidentified.

Related:

Walking among Us by Dr. David Jacobs;

Above Top Secret;

Galaxy Gate;

The Soulless One;

UFOs by Leslie Kean;

UFOs and the National Security State;

The Day after Roswell;

Glimpses of Other Realities, Vol. 1, Linda Howe;

Top Secret/Majic by Friedman;

The Master of Lucid Dreams;

Dweller on Two Planets.

• JimZ

I get a little annoyed by those that suggest there is no evidence.  There is lots of evidence.  Just yesterday I saw a link to the Nimitz UFO case off San Diego.  It had people on the ground seeing them, radar confirmation, pilots chasing them and they released at least some of the evidence.  Radar suggests they traveled in ways that are not possible with our technology.  I recommend you Google it because it is interesting.  I had a far less interesting sighting. 

I was in the Army in Eastern Washington in a place called Yakima Firing Center.  We were all asleep in the desert except one guy on guard duty.  He yelled down into the armormer personnel carrier, "Hey, everyone, there is a UFO up here, come and look." and everyone except me told him to be quiet.  I got up and looked.  He pointed to what looked like an airplane with two lights blinking (I forget what colors they were but probably blue and red).   He was all excited and said it zigzagged across the sky and he threw his arms back and forth with his finger pointing to show how it moved.  I wasn't just going to believe so I got my binoculars out and looked at it.  It was perfectly still next to a star and perfectly quiet and it was clearly blinking two lights.  It was too high to make out a shape. It was very quiet at that time.  It was weird because I thought it was strange that something would be so still and look like an airplane.  I watched it with my eyes for about 5 minutes and it shot off to the the other side of the sky with impossible speed and acceleration.  It seemed to reach top speed instantly and it stopped instantly on a dime right next to another which either just appeared or we didn't notice because we were so transfixed on the other.  I am an engineer and know forces better than most.  I can't say exactly how high this was and therefore not how fast it was but it must have reached thousands of miles per hour in an instant and it moved across about 60 % of sky in about a half of second.  The acceleration forces would crush anything including steel.  No person or living thing could survive that so I figure they must be able to control acceleration or gravity.  The thing moved so fast that it made me think it may be capable of interstellar travel even considering the vast distances.  It certainly could move about the solar system without any problem.   After about another 5 minutes, one of the objects turned white and then appeared to shoot off into space.  We had a radio call to get moving so we started the vehicle and we left.  Neither of us reported it.  Who would you report it to and what could they do?  These craft (and I'm sure hat is what they were) were guided by something intelligent.  I don't know what they were and what they were doing but I'm pretty convinced they were real.  Some people have a problem accepting that there are things out there we don't fully understand.   They are real but don't know what they are.  

• Mike W

Yes.  They might be something real, and they might not be, but they're real UFOs until they're identified.  

Yessir! I saw one just the other day, It were outside of the highway uppin the sky and what not. I saw lights up there, blinking and passing slowly, one red and one white. So, pretty sure THAT answers you're question.

If, by UFO, you mean "Are there objects in the sky that I cannot identify?" Then the answer is "yes". Not everyone can identify everything they see. 

If you mean "Is the Earth being visited by intelligent beings from another planet?" then the answer is "not so far". At least there is no evidence anywhere that any intelligent extra-terrestrial has ever visited Earth and there is no evidence anywhere that anyone on Earth has ever contacted an alien civilisation.

i dont think so