Atheists: How can you claim to be more tolerant if you can't tolerate Jesus?

• Best answer

They aren't more tolerant, dear.  Many atheists are full of irrational hatred.

• antonius
      3 weeks agoReport

From what have those people been saved? I am sure that you are referring to the superstition of Christianity, saving people,  Better think again. It never saved the millions it killed.

Praise Jesus..........

Oh look. Flowerchildish alt account awards B.A to Flowerchildish.

Atheists are not tolerant when it doesn't suit their interests. Their god has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts so they don't even understand why they can't tolerate what goes against their "religion" . ( and yes, atheism is a religion, even if you can't admit it)(it is a belief in non-belief so it is a religion)  

• Daymellow3 weeks agoReport

@antonius.. no.. you learn.... your thoughts are your own thoughts, nothing of which you believe (or NOT-believe HEHE) can be proven so why should i pay attention to the thoughts of fools? and so you understand clearly... you DO subscribe to moronic beliefs (or NON-belief ;)))

Why is believing in Jesus necessary?

• Daymellow3 weeks agoReport

@antonius.. who is the moron really? you believe that the universe just poofed out of well nothing because its proven before the universe there was nothing! You are angry because deep down you know I am right and you can't stand it.

Eh...I live by the teachings of JC. He was a great philosopher who set forth terrific guidelines for living a full life.

But that does not mean he was a magician with supernatural powers. He was not a son of some supernatural creature who created and governs the whole global universe and all its objects.

In sum, while I don't believe in a supernatural magician, I do believe JC was a real person and he taught some great lessons to learn and follow.

• Daymellow3 weeks agoReport

@antonius.. please try to make sense next time. try to keep your anger in check, its not good for you blood pressure. I know the bible very well,I can prove its truth a thousand times over but the bible say don't give pigs, pearls .. so goodbye. its truly useless to try to reason with the ignorant

Based on how the NT writers wrote about Jesus and the sources they clearly used to generate there stories, I am inclined to believe Jesus is a fictional character. However, if I grant you that Jesus actually existed, I can only address the stories about him, where I find most of his behavior tolerable. I thought he disrespected his mother one time, then disrespected both parents when he was not clear about staying behind and the parents got out of town only to realize Jesus was not with them and had to turn around and go back to get him. If he that character lived today, I suspect I could get along with him.

• SBR32277
      3 weeks agoReport

@Shorty, I already addressed his disrespect for his parents. The main thing I agree with are the words the writers put into the mouth of Jesus in terms of spreading wisdom that existed long before the supposed Jesus came about.

• Duck

The only thing that someone declaring as atheist is stating is that they don't believe in any god(s). That's it. Personal politics, likes, dislikes, and things of that nature don't enter the equation.

If you claim to be loving, why can't you love Satanists?

Or, y'know, gay people?

Fascinating.  I’m tolerant of your belief in god and Jesus...because I’m a good citizen of USA, land of the free, home of the brave. 

I love our constitution and bill of rights.  We tolerate (all) different religious beliefs.  But personally I don’t care an iota about Jesus.

jesus is not alive to be able tolerate  eh child