Can mentally retarded people have a pilot license?

I know a retarded person is capable of flying a plane, my brother is retarded and flies our plane all the time, he wants to be a pilot for an airlines and asked me if he could get a pilot license, he has a drivers license.

Awesome picture! 

That depends on the level or retardation, but just off the bat, I would say most likely not.

Flying an airplane is just part of the story; being a pilot is mostly about how to handle emergencies. Most pilot would likely NEVER face an emergency, but the same could be true of most houses never burning down--yet you would consider it wise to have insurance.

Basically, ask yourself if the average passenger would be willing to be in a plane flown by someone with a mental handicap. If the average person would refuse to board such a plane, then no airline would agree to it.

Don't know. CAN YOU?

• Mental retardation is a broad term. What kind of condition does he suffer from exactly?

• Satan

Depends how retarded he is - if he's capable of passing the pilot's exam, then he's capable