Is it rude to tell someone that they got fat over the summer?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Yes, you can say boy, you look healthy and stare at their gut and say I guess you had a good summer and they'll get the point rather that you got fat. The first comment is more tactful.

• I care
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Well for the most part, yes it is rude.  Without knowing why this happened and to actually care about friends you just don't do such as that.  

If a friend,  why not plan on bicycling together or take up walking......always best to be a friend instead of someone who doesn't care about hurting others.

• 4 weeks ago

Not if its true.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. They already know. That's like telling someone who just had their haircut, "hey, you got your hair cut". Well DUH!!!

The person who gained weight over the summer, knows it. They can see it when they look in the mirror. They can feel it when they put on their clothes. They don't need you to comment on it. That just makes you sound foolish.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If someone got fat over the summer, i'm sure they know it and don't need to be reminded

• 4 weeks ago

Yes it is, but it's perfectly fine to tell them they got phat over the summer.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on whether or not you're best friends or not

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on who it is, if its family you could use better words to tell them.

• 4 weeks ago

Honestly Yes and no. It depends on what kind of relationship you have with that person and if they going to take it personal

• 4 weeks ago

Yes and even more rude if you told yourself that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.