Wedding Problem Advice?

.My niece has been dating her boyfriend for 3 years and we couldn’t ask for a better man for her

!His

sister has been dating her boyfriend from out of state a year and they are planning their wedding

.His

sister and future husband chose their bridal party, including but not limited to blood relatives. (In their defense) Friends, cousins

girlfriend ,

etc

.My

nieces

boyfriend told his sister that he chooses not to be in her bridal party because he feels he would be disrespecting my niece, leaving her out of everything and alone at the wedding

.Poof

we now have family drama over there

!Brides

reason for not having my niece matched up with her brother: she’s not blood, and she hardly knows her. I told my niece it sounds like she doesn’t really like you and karma is a *****

!Brides

mom feels her son is wrong and everyone would agree so this is where you all come in and give your opinion. My

nieces

boyfriend (brides brother) is now refusing to be in the bridal party

!Mom

and dad say he should bite the bullet and tell his sister he will anyway. Mom asked...how would you like it if your sister refuses to be in yours when you marry my

neice

. Everyone has the right to choose their bridal party yes but everyone should respect your family members and never contradict yourself

!My

question is... is my

neice

and her boyfriend wrong or is the bride for not respecting her brother? Let’s hear it...

• Ocimom

NO one is obligated to pick a person whether they are family or not.  The person picked has the option of saying yes or no.  End of story.  There should be no drama.

This isn't a "family drama", this is a your-niece-is-jealous-so-she-talked-her-boyfriend-into-ruining-his-own-sister's-wedding drama. If indeed "karma (sic) is a *****" you should probably all steer clear of this envious brat because she's going spontaneously combust into flames one of these days. If this guy stays with her after this she must have some kind of magic P because this behavior is reprehensible. She's talked him out of doing his brotherly duties just because she can't stand that someone else is getting married first. Yikes!

You all sound like awful people.

The couples getting married have the right to choose who they want to stand up with them. The people who don't like that can say no. Simple really.

I don't see how it's any of your business is it. You should ask your self why are you so worried about it when your   only role in the wedding is likely guest if that.  Instead of going online gossiping you should pick out what you're going to wear if you get invited and leave it at that.

Most wedding drama is self created, and that applies here.  Your niece's bf started it.  Why is it any of his business who his sister picks as bridesmaids?  

After that, who asked the bride about this?   She was kind enough to give her reasons (as opposed to punching some idiot busybody in the face) and these reasons aren't good enough?  Her reasons were the same as everyone's.  She wants those closest to her.   You find this odd? 

Then, as if we don't have enough chaos, you decide to add more fuel by announcing she doesn't like your niece.   Yah, that's mature.

Honestly, this sounds like the food fight from Animal House. 

• Kelly

The bridal party is the decision of the bride & groom.  They don't need to give an explanation as to why they did or didn't pick someone.

Stay in your own lane (aka mind your own business).

"I told my niece it sounds like she doesn’t really like you and karma is a *****"    First off, YOU were horribly out of line. 

The bride is correct.   She is under zero obligation to ask her brother's girlfriend to be in her bridal party simply so they could be "matched up".   That would be quite odd, actually.

The brother is being a turdball for trying to railroad his sister into asking his girlfriend.   That being said, he really isn't obligated to be in the wedding, although if he wanted to decline, he should have just politely declined instead of yammering on about his girlfriend.

The parents and you and everyone else who is butting in are all out of line.

The bride and groom have chosen their attendants and asked them if they would be willing to participate.   All but one have said yes.   That's it.  It's done.   There is nothing more to do here other than that the peanut gallery needs to shut up and mind their own business.

An invitation is not a subpoena (brother).   And NO ONE's girlfriend is owed a spot in anyone's wedding.    So stop inventing problems where there are none.

...and if you want to whinge on about disrespecting people, you really need to look at what you yourself said about the bride because it was totally inappropriate. 

Why is this any of your business? You aren't part of this group of people.  They are grown ups and either will act as rational people or choose to escalate an issue that isn't an issue.

You just need to stay out of it and wait for your wedding invitation. 

I have no idea why you're all involved in this situation. It's got absolutely nothing to do with you.