Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Why does UPS United Package Smashers keep destroying my packages?

Waited 4 weeks for a very expensive 3d printer to arrive and when it arrive the package looked like they delivered it by dropping it from an airplane. The printer was severely damaged so i sent it back and had to wait another 4 weeks for the new one. This time it was severely cracked on the corner. So now i am returning it again and cancelling my order. How you like them apples?

This was securely package with foam inserts, if i could have bought this in a store i would have, but brick and mortar stores don't sell this type of equipment

• John

I used UPS many years ago, then I learned to only use Fedex or USPS.

• Judy

Sounds like a lot of your problem is with the manufacturer and their lack of good packaging.

1. Do not accept a package that shows external damage.

2. Ask to open the package to inspect the shipment prior to accepting.

3. Buy from a Brick & Mortar Store, Staples or Office Depot, Walmart, K-mart, Target, etc. Save the shipping and damage nonsense, take it with you.

My personal experience has been no trouble in 40 years.

My business experience has been Once (#1) in 30 years.

I rarely have issues with them. And if you objectively look at the stats, all of the delivery services do a pretty darn good job.

just bubble wrap? blame the company, not UPS. you can't expect miracles. 

• Yahoo User4 weeks agoReport

As you can see in the picture it is sitting in a foam, the entire printer was surrounded by foam inserts