How to heal cracked finger that wont heal for 4 years?

My middle finger has been like this for 4 years..  

Caused by bussing tables at a restaurant and having my hand in acidic juices in the bin.

I've tried polysporin and bandaids and "working hands" cream. But it just won't heal. :( it gets better but if it's ever cold or dry it cracks again. 

Is it forever ******??? 

Hard to see in that pic.  

Could it be a fungal infection...basically athletes foot?  If so, using jock itch cream on your hand for a a few weeksmight worl.  

Surgery is the only way

I suggest you have your primary care physician, refer you to a rheumatoid dermatologist for proper advice and care.

Here's a couple of  things you can try. 

Apply Liquid Gloves or other skin barrier product to your hands before your shift starts and maybe once again in the middle of your shift

At night, coat your fingers with Bag Balm, and then wear cotton gloves that are designed to be used with moisturizers.    

• Put neosporin on it and wrap a band aid around it. Sleep with it over night for a week or two. Helps the callus I have on my middle finger.

Rubbing fresh dog waste on it and letting it dry does the trick. You leave it on for an hour without moving it. I had this issue for a while and this helped. It’s not a fun process and definitely didn’t help my dignity, put after I peeled it off I was thankful that I did it. It needs to be fresh, typically steamy, and moist waste. It is a shocking and unreasonable sounding strategy but it works.

• Tavy

Have you tried E45 cream, this is used in the Antarctic.