Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

my family doctor won’t do anything for me. What should I do?

He doesn’t do anything. A few years ago I had a big mucocele in my mouth and I went to him to go check it out. He told me that it’d be gone in a few days and 5 months past and he didn’t try to send a referral to the specialist. Finally after 6 months with a big cyst in my mouth, he decided to send me to the specialist. You know what the specialist told me? She told me this was serious and asked me why I hadn’t come earlier. There was another mucocele growing underneath the one I had.

That’s not all. I am convinced I have IBS 

I went to him to go check it out and he tells me to take laxatives.. 

I have fainted several times and I asked him what I can do about it and he told me to sit down. 

It’s getting so ridiculous and I can’t change my family doctor for a personal reason 

7 Answers

  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Get a better doctor.  Any time he tells you something like this ask that he record it in your chart that he is dismissive of what you want to have done.  This way it is in your medical file that he is not listening to you. 

  • 1 month ago

    Get A New Doctor.

  • 1 month ago

    Ask that Specialist to Talk to your doctor or your Doctor's supervisor.

    This need to be Documented.

  • MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Get over whatever your "personal reason" is to go to this same bad doctor and go to a better one.

    You cannot magically make him competent, caring, or knowledgeable.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Vicki
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    Best options:

    1. Find a new family doctor.

    2. Go to a clinic or a hospital. A lot of the time they can refer you from those offices. But be warned that sometimes clinics will charge for referrals and request that you come in with a doctor in mind and sometimes even a form from that doctors office to be filled out for the referral...

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Can't change your doctor?

    Then get a "second opinion" doctor.

    You will be healthier for it.

  • 1 month ago

    You can't change the way the doctor treats patients.

    Your choice is to change your doctor or deal with how this doctor treats people.

    I like doctors who aren't all "stressy" to start with....

    But not everyone does. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.