What do you think is Neil Young's best song ?

Favorite Answer

Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets)

Cowgirl in the Sand and Sugar Mountain are two of my favorites. 

• Emdog

Very tough question.... at this moment "Expecting to Fly" comes up in my head...

Ohio with CSNY is one that will likely never go away, as are Old Man and Rockin' In The Free World.

" Helpless "

At one of out annual 'New Years Eve' parties in the early 90's, and somewhere south of 2am, I put on 'The Last Waltz' movie through the VCR & stereo.  When Mr. Neil Young started singing his 'Helpless' song, all the rest of us who were still there (8-10) were arm & arm and singing along with Neil. I thought we probably sounded pretty good, but really probably sucked. I replayed that song 4-5 times that night.

Source(s): I think.
  • Shadow

Sweet Caroline is a great song

• Shadow
      1 month agoReport

You’re right. Sorry. I got confused with the names

Rockin' in the Free World

• Bill B

Hard to choose just one but I would say...

"After the Gold Rush"

i dont know who he is

• Sharon1 month agoReport

From Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Their most famous song was the Judy Blues Eyes Suite (in the eyes of fans, I think). Another was Marakesh Express. Southern Cross was a good one  but I don't think Neil Young did that one. He did Sugar Mountain, Down By the River, Old Man,  Heart of Gold, etc. 

• Fuhr

Dare To Be Stupid