Am I a computer geek if I have a laptop and an iPad, but I dont have a desktop?

I dont mind being called one if somebody did call me one, id say Im a proud computer geek, but yeah please give an honest answer

You are a normal computer "user"

If you were a geek you would be either tearing them apart, building your own or writing code.  

anything else is just normal user. 

Build you a few computers and work on some electronics.  Succeed in fixing them.  Have a computer for every place you spend time.  Spend most of your day in electronics.  Maybe then you will be one of us.  For now, we'll just settle with calling you casual.  hahaha. 

All jokes aside.  No, you're not a computer geek.

You are a computer geek when you have various computers around the house doing various tasks and have a closet full of spare computers just in case. Yes, that is me.

Define "Computer GEEK", first

I have various laptops. I don't have an iPad, and I don't have a desktop. Just because I have various laptops doesn't make me a computer geek, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a computer geek.

I don't know what you do with what you have. If you don't do anything from an intellectual perspective with your computer then you are not a computer geek.

People called me clever, curious, hard worker, etc. I don't remember if anyone has called me a computer geek.

If I were to show you what I do with computers then I think you might say to me I don't know what you are doing, or I don't understand what you are saying, or I think it's too complicated, for me, or I don't know anything about that. Perhaps you might say I don't like that, and you might get turned off from what I show you, or tell you.

Hi. Well, since the iPad will always be an iPad no matter what, & You don't say what You do with the laptop ... I'm pretty sure it's not used for repairing other people's systems, creating alternate OS builds for another system, or storing large amounts of data other than movies & music (probably from iTunes)

...

And if You even 1 K-POP video or song ANYWHERE on either device then ...

So, Geek = no.

G'Luck!!!

• Just Wondering0001

Now that enough of Us agree You are not in any way, shape, or form a "Nerd" ... Let the hazin - Uuuummm INITIATION begin!!!

I have used computers for 57 years, built PC boxes for several decades, and have 39 desktops, all-in-ones, laptops, and tablets in total, and two smartphones with linked semi-smart watches. By comparison to me, you are far from a computer geek.

Source(s): Computer classes instructor in two colleges.

Anyone with less then a dozen computers (in various states of functionally) in their possession is not a geek.  Even then, at least one of them has to be a server and another be running Linux for you to be be a "real" geek.

Not even close.  I have three desktops, two laptops, a network server and a few extra computers that are in various states of disassembly. My wife calls me a geek, but I don't go around bragging about it.  

you aren't close to being a computer geek