Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 month ago

What can I use to cut a hole in a plastic storage container?

Utility knife didn't work. Thanks

Favorite Answer

There is something called a hole saw. You need a drill as well. An inexpensive set of them can be bought at Harbor Freight. I have included a link.

• Jim W

I use a hot wire or piece of copper tube depending on the size and shape of the hole.

• I care

I suppose it depends on the size of a plastic storage container?  I've cut milk jugs sometimes with a actual steak knife so I can place COLD,  liquid in them to prevent nasty  grease going down our drains.

I suppose a drill could make a hole and than a steak knife making it bigger after started...….smiles.   Good luck.

• GTB

I would use a drill and drill bit

Torch or lightsaber would work. I don’t see why more people don’t have lightsabers

exacto knife works fine if slowly. Best is to use a solid cylinder that sits flush on the container and cut around that while applying pressure to keep it from slipping. Some workbench ingenuity may be required

A saw blade fitted to a utility knife (making a small padsaw) is another way if you don't have access to a drill. 

• edward

A drill...they have attachments you can use for that

• Bob

a drill............