Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

as a guy, why do I assume that if a woman is really beautiful or pretty in my eyes, she most likely is married or has a boyfriend?

this is the biggest reason why I don't approach women I find really attractive or beautiful because I always assume they must be taken.

is this a negative assumption? 

either that or I assume she probably thinks I am out of her league and will reject me 

Because if she's of a certain age that's probably mostly accurate. Although there are plenty of attractive women who are single by choice and aren't looking for a partner (in which case they wouldn't date you anyway).

Assume nothing. If she's in a relationship she will have a moral dilemma when you ask her out, but that's her problem not yours.

Ok thank you that is good to know.

Many beautiful women have said that they are rarely asked out because guys assume that they must be involved with someone. You can either protect your ego and never take a chance, or you can risk it, and maybe end up with a date with a great women.