Parents: What could you do in this case?

If you become a parent when you are young and not ready for a child but then you get married to someone who is not your child's birth parent, you have a child with that person with you now being older, more patient and in a better situation overall which allows you to take care of your second born better than your firstborn and your older child, now a teenager, HATES the baby and wants nothing to do with it.

What could you do?.

3 Answers

  • LizB
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    Family therapy. There is likely a lot more going on than just jealousy of a new sibling.

  • 10 months ago

    i would try to get him interested in the baby

  • martin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    That older child who hates the baby is going to have some kind of mental health issues unless they come to terms with the kind of reality that many people now face. Talk politely to that older child, but if they won't listen, leave them to their own hatred.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.