UV here with another radical question about marriage and family. What can I do about someone else's OCD when they believe their thoughts?

My adopted daughter has rapid thinking and she believes her own rationalization of any given thought and never asks for outside input on if what she's thinking is real or not (she's essentially peeta from Hunger Games only she believes it's real and doesn't question if it is or isn't). She always tries to be one step ahead of everyone, so if she believes that a person's intentions is not pure (even if it is) then she will treat that person like they aren't pure. If you make a mistake around her, she will never forget that mistake and use it against you every chance she can too; I had an incident occur over 5 months ago and she remembered it and used it against me in a fight last night as if it just happened. When I'm not involved, she will put herself to work (house work or homework) to exhaust her thoughts so she doesn't have to think them (or deal with them for that matter).

My wife has a similar OCD. Unsurprisingly, they both grew up in very unsafe homes. My daughter was in an abusive and chaotic house with lots of uncertainty and abuse. My wife was in an abusive and chaotic house with lots of spousal abuse and disputes. Both of them obviously didn't do well in those environments and they both need protection; I just don't know what I'm supposed to do to accomplish that and I need ideas, especially since they both believe the threats are inside the house with them (even though I've never shown any violent side in my life). Ideas?

• Karen

How did a woman with diagnosed OCD who needs protection and appears to be barely handle herself adopt a child with similar needs?  What State?

I am a foster parent for special needs children and there is something not right about this situation.  Was this a private adoption?  How old is the child?

I have no idea what type of "mistake" you made that this child used against you.  Mistakes vary from sexual assault to false accusations.

This is troubling.

• UV3 weeks agoReport

You have the lonely part right but fantasist seems like an odd word to describe me. I'm more of a guy who is sleep deprived who has a hard time with life because these mentally ill people in my family keep their perception of reality as the dominant perception and it's hard to find any objectivity.