How many mechanics remove “fair condition” parts from customers’ cars and replace them with “poor condition” “spare parts”?

How many mechanics remove “fair condition” parts from customers’ cars and replace them with “poor condition” “spare parts”? Like brake pads when the mechanics rotate tires during an oil change or install new tires on customers’ cars. Are they milking, selling parts, skimping, etc., or what?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You're a nut job if you're that paranoid about mechanics doing something that stupid.

We make more then enough money fixing cars that need work and there is never a shortage of cars that need repairing..

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Mechanics do not do that.  They try to fix the car quickly so they can get PAID. No fix, no money.

• 4 weeks ago

No reputable shop does that.

• 4 weeks ago

Simple answer: Nobody does this. Takes way too much time, involves way too much effort for way too little payback.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • arther
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

no need to ,too many cars arrive with rooted parts believe it or not mechanics don't want to be changing parts unnecessarily you sound like a moron that drives a dunger that has no idea about mechanical work and no respect for fellow road users .

• 4 weeks ago

I do most of my own car maintenance because that way I know it's done right. If you don't trust your mechanic you can always buy the parts yourself and pay only the labour charge. If they don't like it take your custom elsewhere.

• Jason
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Jiffy Lube oil changers are not mechanics. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.