2001 Subaru Outback L.l bean edition, heat doesn’t work unless car is revved.?

I have a 2001 Subaru Outback L.l Bean edition with the 3.0 L H6 engine in it. A weird problem has occurred recently and that’s that my heat won’t work unless I’m on the gas even if I’m coasting down a hill and the car is idling at 2000 RPMs the heat will stop working until I’m back on the gas pedal. I’ve already replaced the thermostat so now I’m thinking it’s maybe a vacuum leak somewhere? If anyone has any info on how to fix this it would be much appreciated thank you!

Replace the cabin filter first.  Then try getting the heater core flushed.  Then check if the blend door is working.

Before doing serious work, you need to make sure the vents are clear?  Does this car have filters on the vents, then those should be changed. 

• JetDoc

Did you check the coolant level to be sure it's full? If you opened the system to replace the thermostat, you may have left a bubble of air in the heater core.

Yes it definitely sounds like a vacuum leak I wish I could offer you an easy suggestion but you're simply going to have to go looking until you find the vacuum leak