Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 month ago

Jeep Wrangler old vs new?

I'm thinking of getting a Jeep Wrangler but have a concern.

Is it better to buy a brand new one or old one?

The way I see it is I can afford to get a brand new one but I don't see the point when to me they basically look the same on the outside and a lil different on the inside minus the new "luxurious" interior looking ones 2018>. But what would be the real perks in buying a new one vs buying a old besides the huge price gap?

Because if the interior is the only real difference that'll make a difference then wouldn't it be smarter to save a ton and get a used one?

Also for used ones what year would be great to get? I was thinking no older than 2012

Old or new doesn't change the fact that the Wrangler is a heap of cr4p.

We'll luckily I found your question because I know both very well. The Wrangler is tough and most are sticks but I've noticed they run very rough after about 90k, however I'm sure alot of that depends on how it was cared for because I've seen the 2012s 2013s with over 200k on it. Some dont steer very good but a new one or an older one with very low miles would give you what you're looking for.

You can afford to buy a new one BUY A NEW ONE BRO. Ok! Lets say you buy a used one, odds on ya gonna find something wrong then ya gonna say, WHY DIDN'T I BUY A NEW ONE. Ya know this is ringing true don't ya? 

.

I've been trying to find a decent WW2 Willy's now for 12 months.

It depends on what you want out of a Jeep

Old ones don’t have all the bells and whistles on it but that can be a good thing. Chrysler has issues with its electronics . Also do u want a 4 door one . Do u want AC . To me jeeps with AC are not jeeps . I drive with out doors and top from May to the end of September.

Also do u like driving stick . Most older ones are a stick shift . 

I have a stick with 6 gears .  I only have a soft top no hard top in the winter. It’s plenty warm in the winter .

Now saying that having any older vehicle you can expect mechanical issues with the age of the vehicle . Just remember many get rid of old vehicles because they have issues . If you a mechanic or know someone that’s a plus 

Stay away from 4 cylinder engines from the past .  6 cylinder engines are very good old or new . 

Old jeeps can be more fun but they probably were driven very hard through rough terrain 

• Antwoin1 month agoReport

That was actually an okay answer, and did you know that most veterans enjoy hunting ? 

Less mileage, body with less wear and tear and warranty.

The real question is, can you afford to "finance"?