Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

Why can’t Americans understand that if you can’t afford to live in an area, they shouldn’t move there?

Homeless people having jobs and can’t afford rent is ridiculous.

This is an American thing??? You're an idiot!

Most homeless people are mentally ill, addicted or both and aren't making formative decisions about it. But here in California we see sob stories in the L.A. Times about "creatives" from other states rolling in expecting overnight success and then ending up living in their cars. So yeah.

Most are homeless because of choices they made such as quitting school, refusing to be told what to do on a job, thinking they have the right to do what they want on a job and never have someone watching them or rechecking their work, drugs, alcohol, and many other reasons. Many so called people you see with signs saying they are VETS are lying about it or was KICKED out of the military because of drugs etc... 

I actually have a family member who I did try to give a job to but had to fire as he said he did not like being told what to do, he did not like TEAM WORK and That he should according to him be allowed to set his own hours for work and not have to be there at 8 am. He Is A Lazy BUM who at 40 years old still has his mother helping him pay his bills because he still acts like a high schooler.

• Cathy

I can't understand that because I was educated in a government school where I was told that Lee Oswald killed JFK.

At least they are trying to work. The alternative is to stay where there is affordable housing, but no jobs creating the same situation, homelessness.

You are right to a certain extent. However, if you are referring to some places on the West Coast of the US, like San Francisco, the are also laws in place that keep affordable housing from being built. This is greatly exacerbating the problem.

Americans live beyond their means, they're the masters of it.

• David

Homelessness has existed for as long as civilization has existed.  Obviously there is no easy answer to fix it.