Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Itchy Vagina after sex?

Every single time i have sex for about the past year my vagina gets super itchy and irritated and this lasts for a few days. It’s not the partner because it’s happened with several different guys and it’s not an std because I’ve been checked twice now. I’ve had long breaks in between the sex, i’ve tried a detox, apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice. I just can’t seem to get rid of it and the smell while it’s going on is absolutely awful. No burning, no weird discharge, just so damn itchy

If you are using condoms, you might have an allergy to latex.

If you aren't careful you can also end up with fecal matter in your vagina (thank 'god' for designing the human body with a toxic waste dump right next to the amusement park).

Sounds like a yeast infection to me

• k w

lemme tell you a little secret, just a tiny smear of coconut oil, will kill the itch, on contact......

see a specialist..............

• sdc_99

If you're using condoms, it could be  a latex allergy.  You could try non-latex ones and see if that helps.  But you should probably see a doctor.

• juliet

This could very well be a latex allergy, if it only happens after sex and then goes away, that’s what I’m suspicious of. But, you need to see a real practioner; either a women’s health nurse practioner or an OBGYN will be able to give you a real answer.

Yeah, get checked ASAP because these problems could get only worse. Don't sleep around because you may have an STD or a viral or bacterial infection. Please do this as soon as you can.

SO, you haven't seen a gynecologist for this yet? You need to have a full gyn exam...including blood works and get checked for bacterial vaginitis while you are at it. What you are describing will NOT go away with simple OTC detoxes or apple cider vinegar treatments. You need antibiotics. I would venture to guess that sex irritates this condition because of all the friction involved. That would absolutely make a bacterial infection much worse. In the case of bacterial infections, they can be very difficult to eradicate, that's why you need to have swabs done to check again. Make an appointment to get this sorted quickly so you can go back to a normal life.

• Linda

Sounds like a yeast infection or vaginitis. See your primary care doc and let them check it out and then treat you.

Are you using condoms? The same thing happened to me. Turns out, I'm allergic to latex condoms. Buy non-latex ones and see if it improves. But the smell could be a sign of an infection - I'd see a doctor regarding that.