How did being the "unfavorite child" affect you?

1) How do you feel about it now?

2) Do you keep in touch with any of them?

3) If you are a parent do you let your child(ren) see them?

It was no big deal. I kinda liked not being the golden child, the best student, the musician. My Parents had 3 others to brag about...lol...so I loved it. No expectations, late bloomer...lol..Plus I was never close to any of them because they were gone, recitals, practice, solo performance. I never attended.

I moved out, went to college, got a degree and a career. Not one word of praise from any of them.

I rarely call, text, talk and never send Christmas or Birthday cards. I have none of them on my Facebook page as friends. If they contact me I answer but, it's real low key. When they pry to start conversation I tell them very little...."working towards advancement @ work"

Your third question. I moved out of state, got married, had children and they rarely see any of them beyond a photo. I say, "You're Welcome to visit".... but they don't have $$ to do that and I  say "We don't either" which isn't true but, not of their business.

So remember life is your choice and how you live it is your business. You don't need to be everything to everyone.

it didnt affect me any cause we were all treated equal

• Tepee

I was the unfavorite child. It hurt back then but I resolved to outdo my brother so I got a better education, had a better career and retired sooner than him.