Could it be atheists don’t read the Bible because they CAN’T read the Bible?

48 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

Many atheists are terrified of the lessons of the Holy Bible, dear.

• Girtha4 weeks agoReport

actually, i was raised catholic, attended CCD for 10 years, was confirmed, etc. etc. i don't reject the bible, in fact many of its teachings are beneficial and well meaning. i just don't wish to endulge in the catholic life style. its fine if you're christian, hell, i have christian friends.

• 4 weeks ago

While I am an atheist and have read the Bible, it's not really necessary. Imagine people claiming a particular magical fairy existed and the believers use a book as their evidence. I might read it out of curiosity like I did the bible, but why should anyone believe magical fairies exists in the first place? Also reading the bible, I began to wonder if Christians had ever read it because if they did, why do they trust it when it clearly gets many things wrong?

• 4 weeks ago

i did read it......why do u think I'm an atheist??

• 4 weeks ago

Reading and understanding are two different things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Many do read it and can understand it perfectly, they just don't fall for the scam.

Maybe try reading the Quran? Or no since you'd reject it, that means you wouldn't understand it, right?

• Even though they can read it, God clearly states he won't give them the understanding of his word. They think they know what it says just by reading but it goes way deeper than that, the understanding of prophecy and signs is beyond them.

• Matt
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

A lot us HAVE read the bible. Many of us were once as faithfull as you but saw that things didnt line up with details in reality

• DiscipleDave
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

lol. your interpretations of the Word did not line up with reality. Interpretations belong to God, NOT to men. Woe to all those who interpret the Word of God, as if they had the authority to do so.

• 4 weeks ago

I've read it.

That's why I'm an atheist.

• I, like Juli, am an Atheist because I read the bible, I was looking for evidence to prove god, it was the same time I got pregnant trying to prove I wasn't gay, I am now a proud lesbian atheist

• barty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I read the whole thing cover to cover. That's a major part of why I left Christianity.

I'm betting more atheists than Christians have actually read the whole thing.

• if you have to read it fifty times to make sense of it either its not from god, or god is a moron

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You clearly haven't actually talked to any atheists.  One thing you might learn is how many are atheists BECAUSE they read the Bible. 

• of course, people are atheist because they read the bible, no one makes up their mind to become an atheist we can not choose ou beliefs

• 4 weeks ago

Logical. I admit it, I can’t read the Bible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.