I do not actually care about this question. My friend wanted me to ask though

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

because thats just the way it issssssssssssss

• 3 weeks ago

I love cookies............

• 3 weeks ago

I've baked bacon,that is the way I always make it, but never fried a cookie.

• liza3 weeks agoReport

i m with u http://bit.ly/33HGIoi

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I bake bacon instead of frying it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

BAKING IS JUST A DIFFERENT WORD FOR COOKING.

Theres lots of different words and methods of cooking ; -

FRYING, BOILING, GRILLING, BROILLING, ROASTING, POACHING, SMOKING, CASSEROLING, STEWING?

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Same as last time you asked.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

To answer your grammar question, baking is an example of a specific cooking method just like sauteing, poaching or microwaving. Cookies are generally baked in the oven so "bake" is the default verb. If pan-frying or poaching cookies was as common as baking them is, we would "cook" cookies - because "cook" doesn't specify any particular cooking method.

Bacon is commonly pan-fried, baked or microwaved. Therefore people often say "cook" bacon because it encompasses all the possible cooking methods. However, if someone wants to use more specific language, they can and do say they are going to "bake" bacon, "fry" bacon or "microwave" bacon.

• 3 weeks ago

The noun bacon is from a middle English word for back which is where the better quality cut of the pig comes from. It has nothing to do with the verb bake.

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways. - Sorry, Steve Wright has done this comic bit to death.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

The interrogative for that question is "why," not "what."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.