Should atheists have LESS rights?

All our rights are GOD-GIVEN and are reinforced by law. If atheists despise God, why should they reap the benefits of His followers? 

67 Answers

Relevance
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Good point......!!,...........

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Rights are human??.....what??

• 4 weeks ago

since you are so religious, WHY dont you ask your God why you were born without a brain......

• 4 weeks ago

Your question suggests that the right to choose is something bestowed on people by other people. In many countries, people are forbidden by law from choosing certain things.

But according to the Bible, God gave the first couple the right to choose, and their choice led to bad consequences. for them. Finally, God will judge every man through the one who he has appointed, Jesus Christ. (Acts 17:31)

God will judge us based on our choices, our words and our actions, not on things that people impose on us.

Jesus said:

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 I tell you that men will render an account on Judgment Day for every unprofitable saying that they speak; 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Even those who say they believe in Jesus will be judged in this way:

Matthew 7:21

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

Solomon wrote:

Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14

13 The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man.14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

Also, according to a little social studies, and the Declaration of Independence ("we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights...") and ("the laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them...") mention God. The Constitution does not mention God, but referred to the dating protocol "in the year of our Lord" in Article 8 (VIII) The US founding fathers may have been deists, but that does not mean that they did not include God in their writing.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

And, we ARE Christians and have faith in Jesus as the Firstborn, only begotten Son of Jehovah God, our Savior and Ransomer who died for our sins. Official statement https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/believe-in-jesus

• 4 weeks ago

Our rights are natural rights, derived from the laws of nature and nature's God (assuming there is one).  Take the God out of the equation, and the laws of nature and natural rights remain.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I'm not in the habit of reaping, but if you'll clue me in on how to do that, I'm game.

• 4 weeks ago

Troll.....be gone with you. I fart in your general direction.

• 4 weeks ago

No. God loves them, too.

• 4 weeks ago

You men "fewer" -- you're not talking about a gallon of milk.

And no. In the US we're all equal under the law. You're welcome to go elsewhere if that's a problem for you.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • DeLayne
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Good idea! This person needs to go live in China or Russia where NOBODY has any rights!

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

1) God created atheists.

2) How can anyone despise something that the insist doesn't exist? In order for atheists to despise God, they'd have to admit God exists, which would mean they weren't actually atheist.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

All our rights are GOD-GIVEN...curiously the Constitution contains no mention of Christianity or Jesus Christ or Gods. In fact, the Constitution refers to religion only twice in the First Amendment, which bars laws "respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," and in Article VI, which prohibits "religious tests" for public office.

If Christians despise Zeus, why should they reap the benefits of Zeus followers in a democracy?

Do you Pray to the Lord Our Savior despise Zeus? Be honest if you can...

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

"They are" mean that you are part of the asker or Pray to the Lord Our Savior is some troll clon of Space Wasp?

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Thanks for making my argument that Christianity is inherently unpatriotic.  

America was founded on the humanist philosophy that authority resides in the people.  Christians like you claim that authority ultimately resides in God.  That is theocracy, and not democracy.  You cannot serve two masters.  

• geezer
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Believe me ... the asker is American !

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.