Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Cooking with beer? If I really dislike the taste of beer, would I most likely hate the taste of foods cooked with them, such as?

beer battered onion rings, or stews cooked with beer?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Love my beer very much when coming home from work.

• Sparky
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Not at all.

I dislike beer, but love beer batter or bbq onions cooked in beer.

• 4 weeks ago

No, you will love them. There is no beer taste.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm kind of neutral about beer, spent a whole summer learning to tolerate it in a setting where it was the beverage of social gatherings. Beer works great in batters, and actually enhances the taste. Same with cheese sauces,it's a noble addition. Stews? I've never gone there. I use a nice red wine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You probably don't know whether you like or dislike "the taste of beer". There are more than a hundred different styles, as different as fruit beer and barleywine. I used to think that I disliked beer when all I had tasted was the megabrews that had to be served cold to kill the taste. Then someone introduced me to bock and I am eternally in his debt.

Have you ever had raw onion? boiled onion? fried onion? Do they all taste the same? If not, why should beer?

• oikoσ
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

They do have some good beer there but don't downplay the American beers. Once you leave the megabrews for the craft brews, you can get some really good beer in the USA, if the brewery's style matches the water supply.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't want to eat salt straight from the shaker, but I like foods flavored with an appropriate amount of salt.

Whether you hate salt (beer) altogether or whether you just don't want to drink it from the bottle....who knows? Try it. If you don't like it you don't have to do it again.

I swear, I wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants.

• 4 weeks ago

Doubtful you’d even notice, just like meals that are cooked with a splash of wine.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Beer batter on foods like ;- onion rings, battered fish, battered veg e.t.c. are tasty and it gives the batter a nice lightness, the beer flavor is'nt that noticeable.

• 4 weeks ago

Do you like brown bread? The taste you get from cooking with beer is like the taste of brown bread. I don't mean whole wheat, but that dark brown bread.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I don't like beer, but I like foods cooked with beer. I have no idea if you will, too. You can always try something at a restaurant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.