Have you personally overcame any addiction in your life?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

I stopped smoking cigarettes 10 years ago, I used to smoke a half a pack a day

• 4 weeks ago

No, I've never been addicted to anything.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not drugs, but shopping and collections. Whenever I have stopped one collection, I just moved to collecting something different. Fortunately, I haven't done this in a while, perhaps mostly because I collect information... I'm a little bit obsessively thorough.

• Candi
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Yes it was shopping I ended up with more debt storing my things and then opened up credit to feed my anxiety over jewelry. Most of it wasn't even real gold. Then I turned to simple things like nature, walks or strolls to expensive malls just so I wouldn't have to buy. Then committed myself to reading the bible more and doing things for others. It was truly a wake up call and I regret all those long hours shopping at the malls. I could have done other things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I haven't smoked since August, I started in 1999 so that couldn't go on much longer. I might get away with it, well I hope so, there's more chance of getting away with it the longer I don't.

• 4 weeks ago

yes, I'm going to stop talking to that guy, get rid of his email address and live life for myself. I'll make myself happy from now on even if I have to parent all by myself and marry myself to make myself happy. I don't need anyone.

• 4 weeks ago

I've never been addicted to anything or anyone. But I'm very addictive muhahahhaha

• 4 weeks ago

yes I was addicted to smokes and I quit in 06 and ill never smoke again.... self talk like that is the secret to quitting 

• 4 weeks ago

yes, I was addicted to answering everyone's questions on yahoo answers just to get points. How silly of me!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.