Have you personally overcame any addiction in your life?

• Best answer

I stopped smoking cigarettes 10 years ago, I used to smoke a half a pack a day

No, I've never been addicted to anything.

Not drugs, but shopping and collections. Whenever I have stopped one collection, I just moved to collecting something different. Fortunately, I haven't done this in a while, perhaps mostly because I collect information... I'm a little bit obsessively thorough.

• Candi

Yes it was shopping I ended up with more debt storing my things and then opened up credit to feed my anxiety over jewelry. Most of it wasn't even real gold. Then I turned to simple things like nature, walks or strolls to expensive malls just so I wouldn't have to buy. Then committed myself to reading the bible more and doing things for others. It was truly a wake up call and I regret all those long hours shopping at the malls. I could have done other things.

I haven't smoked since August, I started in 1999 so that couldn't go on much longer. I might get away with it, well I hope so, there's more chance of getting away with it the longer I don't.

yes, I'm going to stop talking to that guy, get rid of his email address and live life for myself. I'll make myself happy from now on even if I have to parent all by myself and marry myself to make myself happy. I don't need anyone.

I've never been addicted to anything or anyone. But I'm very addictive muhahahhaha

yes I was addicted to smokes and I quit in 06 and ill never smoke again.... self talk like that is the secret to quitting 

yes, I was addicted to answering everyone's questions on yahoo answers just to get points. How silly of me!