Atheists: My husband and I donate $100 in the collection plate every Sunday. What have YOU done?

Needless to say, we are popular at our congregation. We are very compassionate people and will help however we can. Can the same be said about YOU?

• Al

Read a course in miracles to figure out where your money is going, tithing is of the mind, its a giving of devotion to the right mind, it has nothing to do with money, love cost nothing!

• antonius
      3 weeks agoReport

It is or the same reason the religion leaders want you in church each Sunday, because the more often you attend church to more you are likely to drop in the basket.

i'd rather hang around poor humble atheists than smug, rich, know-it-all Christans who brag openly, you're supposed to do your good deeds in secret LADY

write a blog about it if you're so in love with yourself

The Bible says we are not to allow our left hand to know what the right hand does (Matthew 6:3) and to give our alms in secret.

Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men to be seen by them, otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven Therefore when you do a charitable deed, DO NOT SOUND A TRUMPET BEFORE YOU as the HYPOCRITES do in the synagogues and in the streets that they may have glory from men. (Matthew 6:1)

Let your charitable deed be done in SECRET and your Father, who sees in secret will reward you openly.

And the Widow who gave a mite gave ALL SHE HAD. Have you ever done that?

Sorry but let me remind you that there's no award for boasting like you do ..many people are giving much more than you on a daily basis...

LOL! I closed down a church, sold the land and building, and gave all the money to the foolish members.  What I obtained for them was much, much more than a couple hundred dollars, much much more. I also taught them how to not be stupid anymore.

• antonius
      4 weeks agoReport

You ought to think more about doubting that lie that you believe in.

• barty

I donate to charity, not churches. Nearly all of the money donated to churches goes to church expenses, not to the needy.

• Jackolantern
      4 weeks agoReport

Churches can be charitable outreaches. But how many are and how much do they give to charity is questionable.

YOU ARE SINNING YOU ARE BEING BOAST FULL!! NONE OF YOU BUSINESS WHAT I DO THAT IS BETWEEN ME AND GOOD. NO YOU ARE NOT COMPASSIONATE AND WILL HELP YOU JUST LIKE TO PUT ON A SHOW. HOPE YOU ENJOY HELL BECUASE YOU CERTAINLY ARE NO CHRISTIAN

• antonius
      4 weeks agoReport

Kathy,I'm not a believer, but accordingly you are correct.

I'm pretty sure that Jesus said don't flaunt your donations but do it in secret (Matthew 6:4).

At the end of it, $100 a week isn't going to make or break your church so I doubt that anyone at your church looks up to you; pretty much the same as it here.

I doubt you actually give anything at all inasmuch as you are a POE.

• I've been donating to St Jude for close to a year. 🤷 Not that I'm doing it for bragging rights like you.

How unintelligent of you. No the same can NOT be said about me, Thank Goodness!!!