Sherman asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Does dawn kill fleas on dogs ?

vectra 3D. Plus once you let the medication dry it gets rid of all the fleas. You can then wash your dog,

Yes, it does. But once you give the bath you put the dog back into the same situation that has fleas everywhere, the fleas just continue to get on your dog. You have to spray EVERYWHERE in & out of the house to get rid of the fleas. It has to be an extensive effort to get rid of them. They are very hard to get rid of. So you need much more than just a bath to get rid of the fleas.

It is like washing a piglet & then let it go back to the mud. The bath is only temporary & is not enough to get rid of the fleas in your home & yard.

Spraying inside & out every two weeks for about 6 to 8 weeks to kill of all the life cycles of the flea. Another option is to hire an exterminator.

In a pinch it will, but it is not the best or most effective way to control or kill fleas, on a dog, but will work if you find a bunch on your dog and have no other treatment, or flea shampoo. (Example: dog catches a WILD rabbit COVERED in fleas - which promptly transfer, to said dog, holding the now [dead] rabbit in its jaws.)

Dawn will NOT prevent re-infestation on the dog, or protect your house or yard. A down-side is it is not PH balanced for the canine skin & coat & can STRIP all oils off, so repeated use is NOW recommended.

Here are two articles explaining how & why it works (in 2 ways during bathing).

https://www.centralparkpaws.net/pet-health/kill-fl...

https://www.petmd.com/dog/parasites/can-you-use-da...

• Hannah

Yes it does. But it doesn't repel them afterwards. I find it works better than the flea shampoo you buy, plus it's safer, makes their fur nice and soft and smells better. You would have to spray the house and vacuum daily for 2 weeks to make sure they are gone for good.

Also use the flea comb on your dog after the bath.

• audrey

Yes it does. I used to use it on my Persian show cats and it killed fleas plus gave them a beautiful coat.

I have never used this as a flea killer or preventative. So I'd not know. However, I do know that Capstar rids a dog of fleas pretty much straight away. You'll still need to launder everything the dog uses, vacuum everywhere, especially in corners and probably spray everywhere (bomb the house) using the correct product from your vet. And probably all of that more than once to make sure you get rid of hatching eggs.

No. It can make your pets skin infected and burn, which will cost more in vet bills than buying a flea treatment.

No it makes them smell nice though

Yes I only use this on my dogs and works great.