why do my girlfriend wants to get married?

things are totally good and fine between us, so why change it

we have been dating for 5 years , and living together for over 4 years

but for the last few months , she has only one thing to say marriage marriage

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Offer her a legal domestic partnership that conveys many of the same rights as marriage; medical/legal next of kin, et al. This doesn't convey the tax breaks a real marriage does but at least means you can better take care of each other should one or both of you become ill or aged. You'll have to pay a lawyer to do this and the typical cost is over $1,000.

However, if she's really got her mind set on marriage five years is more than enough. So she'd be within her moral rights to end this and go find someone capable of giving her what she wants.

• mmm
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you don't know why women want to get married? did you not learn anything during your growing up years? A woman wants to get married before having a child, silly~

• 4 weeks ago

Perhaps she wants something more from you - the commitment to keep making this last. The title of "wife" rather than girlfriend. As it stands you could decide tomorrow this is over and she would have nothing.

If you two have been talking about having kids that too, might be her incentive for wanting that extra security.

Also being married gives the two of you rights that you don't have now. Right to save money with your tax returns, the right to inherit from the other, the right to make medical decisions should the worst happen, the right to be legally recognized as the next of kin. Otherwise others could make decisions that affect either of you with out the consent of your partner in life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because marriage provides you with legal benefits. For example, married filing jointly can save money on taxes. One of you may be able to get insurance coverage for the other. If one of you is hospitalized, the other has the legal right to visit and make medical decisions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well.. when me and my husband got married, we got married because we felt ready, mabey she feels ready to get married,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.