Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

My roommate is very sick do I have any obligation to help him?

I know he hasn't eaten in at least 3 days. He has a minifridge in his room for water. I think he mostly sleeps. Maybe uses the bathroom like every 24 hours When he moved in, he prepaid 3 months rent. He has money, but no job. He sleeps on a camping cot made out of nylon

He lives very modestly. Perhaps I should ask him? Should I mind my business?

• Best answer

If he is sick you can make sure he has water and maybe offer to bring him some soup and/or crackers.

• mmm

if you were sick and hadn't eaten in 3 days, would you want your roommate to mind his own business or check on you? I'd check

As a normal human being I'd hope that you'd

- ask if he is OK

- if he needed anything

- and could you do anything to help.

Gee why do you need to be told? After all if the roles were reversed wouldn't you want him to show some concern? To give you some help to get better?

You should definitely check up on him to make sure he's ok.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.